Anal Fissure Surgery in Dubai
An anal fissure or rectal fissure is a break or tear in the skin of the anal canal. Anal fissures may be noticed by bright red anal bleeding on a toilet paper and in an undergarment. Acute condition of anal fissures may cause pain after defecation but with chronic fissures, pain intensity is often less. Anal fissures usually extend from the anal opening and are usually located posteriorly in the midline, probably because of the relatively unsupported nature and poor perfusion of the anal wall in that location. Fissure depth may be superficial or sometimes down to the underlying sphincter muscle.
Acute anal fissures are common and do not last longer than 2 months. Moreover, they heal themselves by following some self-care ways. On the other hand, chronic anal fissures last for a longer duration and demand medical attention.
Fissurectomy Non-Surgical Treatments
The main aim of the treatment is to get relief from discomfort and pain. The self-care treatment includes:
- Prefer consuming high-fiber diet for making stools soft and bulky. If required take over-the-counter fiber supplements as recommended by a healthcare professional.
- Drinking more water to prevent the chances of hard stools
- If you feel bowel movement, do not ignore the urge to go as putting off the bowel movements may make them harder to pass.
- Avoid putting strain during the bowel movement as it may put pressure on the anal canal.
- Prefer taking warm or sitz baths as it promotes the healing process of anal fissure.
- Avoid skin irritants like bubble baths or scented soaps.
- Surgical procedures are recommended to people who have tried self-care tips and even medical therapy for at least one to three months but with no result.
The main concern with surgery is the development of anal incontinence. Anal incontinence can include the inability to control gas, mild fecal soiling, or loss of solid stool. Some degree of incontinence can occur in up to 45 percent of patients in the immediate surgical recovery period. However, incontinence is rarely permanent and is usually mild. The risk should be discussed with one’s surgeon.
Anal fissure Surgical Treatment
Surgical treatment, under general anaesthesia, was either anal stretch (Lord’s operation) or lateral sphincterotomy where the internal anal sphincter muscle is incised. Both operations aim to decrease sphincter spasm and thereby restoring normal blood supply to the anal mucosa. Surgical operations involve a general anaesthetic and can be painful postoperatively. Anal stretch is also associated with anal incontinence in a small proportion of cases and thus sphincterotomy is the operation of choice.
Anal Fissure Treatment in Dubai at Mc Body Clinic
If you are looking for a quality health-care treatment for anal fissure, plan your visit to Mc Body Clinic as soon as possible. It is one of the leading healthcare centers in Dubai with a high success ratio of anal fissure surgery. The surgeons are experienced and board-certified, and use state-of-the-art equipment while conducting surgeries.
So, seek an initial consultation with Mc Body Clinic’s surgeon and get to know your suitability for the surgery.